Monday, January 12, 2004

Crack-Those-Windows-With-Your-Voice Records Co.

If Frank Sinatra were a Jakartan and still among us. We would've seen him singing this...(1)

BusWay(2)

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I drove a car that's full.
I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
But now, much more than this,
I've to do it the BusWay.

Traffic, I've had enough;
But then again, enough to mention.
I drove the way I had to drive
And saw it through without explosion.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But now, much more than this,
I've to do it the BusWay.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When the jam was more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I drove tall;
And did it my way.

I've honked, I've shouted and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of cursing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a BusWay,
"No, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not his car, then he has naught.
To ride the things he truly feels;
And not the bus of one who kneels.
The law insists I take the blows -
And do it the BusWay.
______________
1: Edited from My Way lyrics taken from here.
2: Inspired by umar's post.

No comments: