...Cool War and claimed a point for not having as many dumb laws as the America has.
Okay, so Indonesian has some stupid laws. "It's against the law to hex other people," or "It's forbidden to conduct a sexual intercourse between unmarried couple." Some may regard the "It's illegal to drive a car with less than three passengers in the 3 in 1 zone," as nonsense. However, compared to America, we're relatively cool. Observe...
In Washington State:
- "When two trains come to a crossing, neither shall go until the other has passed."
- While this is a law designed to reduce the ever-increasing crime in the area: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."
Must've been a law written by a comedian. And it also applies in Kansas State.
Inspector: Yes, Inspector Murray speaking.
Biker: Hi, this is Reed. I was going to club some pedestrians' heads on my way to the nearest bar. But I heard I've got to call you first.
Inspector: Oh, yes. That's counted as criminal intention. You're right to call in first.
Bike: Okay, then. See ya.
Inspector: Thanks, I hope other criminals are as law-abiding as you.
USA Travelling Tips:
- When travelling in Seattle, better leave your rocket launcher at home. There's a law that says, "You may not carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length."
- New York is a paradise for people intending to commit a suicide. Because "The penalty for jumping off a building is death."
- Always carry a purse in Hawaii, because "Coins are not allowed to be placed in one's ears."
- In the city of Wilbur (Washington State), choose your horse wisely for there's a city law that insists, "You may not ride an ugly horse." Strangely, this doesn't invoke protests from the Association of Similar Rights for Ugly Animals.
- Attention backpackers: "Pedestrians crossing the Kansas State highways at night must wear tail lights."
- Going to Wichita (Kansas State) with a bike? Buy a gun now! And don't forget that "Before proceeding through the interesection of Douglas and Broadway, a motorist is required to get out of their vehice and fire three shot gun rounds into the air." Or you can at least try to shout "BANG!" three times.
- Sorry, Son. But in Florida, "Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal." Try another state. And if you run out of money, don't even think about it. "It is illegal to sell your children."
- A tip for male parachutists: Florida is a good place to pick up girls. Because "A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing."
- And don't bring any KFC takeaway to Key West, because "Chickens are considered a 'protected species'."
(Thanks to www.dumblaws.com)