Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Nostalgic

One crucial point in my life was when I had to decide what college I wanted to enter. I had no clue. I just wanted to be somebody like everybody else, even though none of us had a clear definition what "somebody" was.

Then I saw the sign on a certain campus at Jalan Ganesha Bandung. It said...


Literally: No horses/delmans(1) allowed

So I applied for a major there. At least they had a standard. Or so I thought.

Apparently, they put the sign up because there had already been too many students horsing around.

____________

(1): Delman is a simple two-wheeled (or four-wheeled) carriage heaved by a single horse and commonly used for transportation in rural areas. In cities, they use them mainly for recreational purpose or fertilizing asphalt.

No comments: