Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Indonesian Spam Cont'd

We attended a social meeting last weekend. After the host extended his formal greeting the emcee offered whether anyone would like to respond.

An elderly lady jumped at the opportunity. "I'd like to congratulate the host for holding this event," was how she started. "...and I'd like to remind all the guests here as well: Don't forget to go to [name of building] next week! My organization is going to hold a bazaar! There will be seminar for healthy massages. There will be a singing festival!"

She went on and on for about 10 minutes before, "Oh right, I might as well introduce ourselves while we're at it. I'm here with my husband..." She looked around...
....
for...
...five...
...seconds....
...
"...whom I don't know where right now," she concluded.

We suspected the husband hide himself. I don't blame him. I would've done the same thing.


BAD ADVERTISING CASE #2

Yesterday, my partner saw this plaque in the southern Bandung area that says:

R###### English School
Have you speak English?

No comments: