Monday, June 07, 2004

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy: The Movie Update

The official site now has a blog.

Produced by Jay Roach, the movie will feature Sam Rockwell as Zaphod, Mos Def as Ford Prefect, Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast, Warwick Davis as Marvin the Paranoid Android, and John Malkovich as the original character Humma Kavula.

For those who missed this classic, HHGG is a book that started as radio plays by the late Douglas Addams, a true wordsmith and master of satire.

Worth quoting from the original play:

Arthur Dent: You know, it's at times like this, when I'm stuck in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young.

Ford Prefect: Why? What did she tell you?

Arthur: I don't know; I didn't listen.

No comments: